Monday, February 17, 2014

Modifying the Front Nose Support Assembly More

With the end pieces cut off I discovered that although they look like they will fit in behind the Knight Rider fibreglass front nose, they in fact will not, I needed to modify them a little further if I want to continue with my idea of trying to rescue them.

After a little time with a hacksaw to cut away about 1/4" along the side that fits close the the edge of the fibreglass front nose it should fit nicely now with a minimal amount of fuss.

As suspected once a good 1/4" or so has been shaved off the cut off ends of the front nose support assembly will fit nicely in behind the Knight Rider front nose. My other suspicion at this point is that the spot welded on bolts will not be long enough so an additional modification might be to cut the spot welds and tap out the bolts in order to put longer bolts through. A little extra work but can be done depending on how crafty you want to get. We'll see how my next test fit goes and I'll follow up with a video to better explain what I think needs to be done. Stay tuned Knight Rider K.I.T.T. fans ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment