Today I finally got around to doing that little bit of work along the top of the front of the car above the windshield. Last year I had done a little sanding and rust removal but it sat for a while unfinished until today when I got around to it after making a slight adjustment to the two inner most Fog Lights in K.I.T.T.s Front Nose.
I masked off the area around where I would be working and then sanded down the slightly rusty areas along the top of the windshield frame. The rust was not bad at all, just very minor surface rust so it was pretty easy to sand off with a coarse sandpaper and the gelled rust removal stuff I bought from Canadian Tire. Took a little while to sand it all down by hand and then clean up my exposed surfaces with some rubbing alcohol before priming. I want to make sure I get a good build of the sendable primer on and then sand that nice and smooth before applying my paint.
I'll let the primer set overnight and then give it a light sanding before applying another light coat of the sendable primer. Later on tomorrow I should be able to paint it. I might let the primer sit for another day to fully cure but it's not totally necessary. I'm happy this little job is finally getting done, I had kind of planed on doing later on last summer but ended up having so many other little projects going on with the car that it just kept getting kind of pushed to the side... until now that is lol ;)