Monday, May 11, 2015

Lower Console Make Shift Space Matt Buttons Additional Wiring Scheme

"Not now Michael, I have a headache"

There may be a better way of doing this but this is for now how I figure I am most likely to approach this particular problem. You see my makeshift Space Matt buttons I made using an old Texas Instruments Calculator are wired like this; All of the buttons grounds are connected but each button makes and individual connection to that ground. Now the Voice Box's built in DTMF random tone generator request a tone by making a connection to ground. You may be begging to see the challenge here ;) So what I have done in this diagram is I have mapped out a way of using two sets of SPST Relays connected to each of the Space Matt buttons individual ground connection wires. What happens here is the first relay in the "Yellow" zone is isolated that it makes the ground connection for the V.B. DTMF tone request connection. The second SPST Relay in the "Blue" zone is isolated in that each one can momentarily activate a device. I could complicate this further by introducing "Step Relays" in order to make the momentary button into a latching button but lets not go there ;) Complicated I know but it will get the job done and do what I need it to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment