Friday, January 24, 2014

Turbocast Rims Off

Using my new tire changer I picked up from Princess Auto I was able to get the tires off of the Turbo Cast rims from the parts car with very little effort. The job most definitely would have been easier with the tire changer mounted securly to the garage floor but Canadian Tire didn't have the right concrete floor anchors that I needed and I was impatient.  lol
I was trying to clean up the rims last night using Scotch bright and some all purpose metal polish but was not having much luck. They appear to have a great deal of oxidization and break pad dust coating them. Also because of their design they are not the easiest rims to clean as you can tell by the picture. I'll have to see if there is a better product out there that will take all that crap off of the rims... I'm sure there is??

No comments:

Post a Comment