Sunday, January 5, 2014

Turbo Hood Removed

I removed the Turbo Hood off of the red donor car, that was fun by myself I'm here to tell you, not impossible but it would have definitely been an easier job with two people. lol

Soon K.I.T.T will have the correct hood installed.
















As you can see this hood is in really great condition. Just a few minor light surface rust spots on the underside near the front, nothing some sanding and priming can't take care of.

I got the whole car for $500.00 bucks and I know there are a lot of people paying way more than that just for these Turbo Hoods which are getting scarce. You can find nice fibreglass reproductions for around $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 but I really prefer the original steel hood.

I will definitely get a helper to help put the new hood on once it has been refinished, either that or rig up some kind of harness and lower it into position carefully.

Please keep in mind I know next to nothing about cars so all of this is pretty much a BIG learning experience for me, kinda learn as I go. I'll listen and welcome suggestions but I'm pretty much a "do it yourself" type… more fun that way eh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment