Saturday, November 8, 2014

My K.I.T.T.s Voice Projection Unit and Switch Pods Buttons Wiring Over View


OK I know from my experience with this project that sometimes it helps to see an over view of the the whole wiring scenario. So I have have just for fun put together a compilation of my diagrams for my Switch Pods and how they are wired to part of my K.I.T.T.s Voice Projection Unit and how the Power Button is wired into the scenario as well. For many who have already wired their dash electronics the Power button located among the P.A.N.P. (Power, Auto, Normal & Pursuit) wiring will be "Old Hat" to them as it's wired the same way. This all assumes you are using the electronics from Knight Rider World.

The way I have this wired is that the Switch Pod Buttons will still make a tone through the Voice Box when pressed with the main Voice Projection Button turned off. I can even disable the fuse block for the Voice Projection Unit at the battery by tripping the breaker switch on the in-line fuse which I have rated at 100 Amps which is 5 Amps just shy of what the entire fuse block is rated for at a max. of 105 Amps, just to be that little bit extra safe. This way I can also control what functions I want my K.I.T.T. to have accessible at any car shows that I may do.

No comments:

Post a Comment